This one-day course, you will learn how to positively reinforce safe practices by focusing on root causes as opposed to faults. Anyone who conducts or supervises safety inspections or does industrial safety or health inspector training should attend.
What You’ll learn?
- Understanding the purpose and benefits of safety inspections
- Planning and conducting an effective safety inspection
- Using checklists to save time and improve inspection quality
- Communicating results through a written inspection report
- Developing recommendations and following-up on implementation
- Setting realistic goals and holding employees accountable for effective results
- Managing an effective safety inspection program that identifies hazards before they cause problems
This course addresses basic skills for conducting various types of inspections and correcting identified hazards. Discussions, demonstrations and exercise will teach you what to inspect, how often and who should be involved. The focus is on finding facts, not faults, and how to use safety inspections to positively reinforce safe practices and behaviors.
Who should attend?
- Safety managers
- Other full-time safety practitioners
- Safety committee members
- Operations managers
- Loss control managers
- Human resources professionals
- Anyone with safety responsibilities