This course aimed at those who carry out manual handling at work, it introduces candidates to the risks of manual handling and the controls available.
This Course is for those who carry out manual handling activities at work and introduces trainees to the hazards of manual handling activities at work, the risks involved and controls available and what to expect from a manual handling assessment.
Successful completion of the Course will prepare the trainees to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer methods in handling manual tasks, in cooperation with their managers and supervisors.
WHO NEEDS THIS QUALIFICATION?
All employees who handle materials, boxes, mail and packages, including both industrial and office workers
WHY IS THIS TRAINING IMPORTANT?
This course introduces candidates to the hazards and risks involved in manual handling and outlines what to expect from a manual handling assessment. It will enable employees to contribute to the development of safer manual handling methods and tasks in the workplace
After completion of the Course, trainees will be able to:
- Explain the meaning of “manual handling” and the responsibilities attached to this activity.
- Identify the hazards of manual handling
- Identify the risks involved and controls available
- Identify what to expect from a manual handling assessment
- Explain how manual handling can cause physical injury.
- Learn the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply them in practical day-to-day work activities.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a manual handling assessment and what can be expected of those assessments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.