Job Safety Analysis course delivers a proven process for controlling operating hazards and costs. Students will learn how to develop and manage a JSA program in their workplace. The course delivers a step-by-step overview of the JSA management process from task identification, hazard identification through follow-up and continuous improvement.
The course helps participants define your role in the JSA process. The course includes lecture, demonstrations, and practical application exercises that can be tailored to the specific workplaces.
- Recognize and use important safety and health terminology.
- Understand JSA’s relation to continuous improvement in your organization.
- Identify and communicate the safety and financial benefits of using JSA.
- Gain support for and participation in the process from line employees, supervisors, and upper management.
- Identify the key requirements for a successful JSA.
- Recognize the hazards inherent in task performance.
- Develop appropriate solutions and hazard controls.
- Complete a JSA form correctly.
- Use JSA to develop efficient procedures that reduce personal injuries and operating costs