The Confined Space Entry Instructor development course is a tow day’s course designed to prepare and certify instructors for confined spaces entry and safety rescue activities and be able to deliver confined space entry awareness training to employees at their place of employment. It teaches skills and offers an in-depth review of requirements of the best practice for confined space entry under OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146; ANSI Z117,1-2009; and the UK Confined Space Regulations Approved Code of Practice L101 2009.
The course addresses the following topics:
- Identifying a confined space
- Identifying the hazards within confined spaces
- Carrying out a safe entry
- Carrying out an emergency self- rescue
- Understanding the requirements for strict control measures
- Requirements to work and safe work systems
- Breathing apparatus usage
- Training techniques; adult education methodology, teaching exercises
- The course also includes practical exercises on confined space entry, rescue, and use of breathing apparatus (BA) training to be arranged by the training center.
Who should attend?
- Persons required to work within confined spaces.
- Persons supervising confined space entry.