Working at Heights & Rescue
Successful participants will be able to work safely at heights in the workplace with minimal supervision by identifying the requirements of the job, accessing and installing the required equipment, and cleaning up the work area. They will also be able to conduct a risk assessment of the job.
Specific topics include:
• Legislative and work place procedures
• Hazards associated with working at height
• Conduct and document a risk assessment
• Select, inspect and work within the limitations of portable ladders and platforms
• Safe working requirements for working with scaffold, edge protection and elevating work platforms
• Selection and use of fall injury prevention systems
• Anchors and attachment devices
• Rescue Planning & First aid
On-Site Delivery Requirements
Participants must wear site approved work wear and PPE. For delivery at a client site the following must be provided to meet the outcomes of the course:
• A Full harness for each participant
• Suitable classroom area • A sound structure permitting several works at height scenarios, including a platform and a variety of anchor points
• A serviceable straight or extending ladder
Target Audience: Persons requiring the basic knowledge, skills and abilities to work safely at heights.
Pre-Requisites: Enough language and literacy skills to follow work procedures on a mine or construction site.
Coarse language: Arabic & English
The estimated time for the training 2 Days 1day for theoretical and 1 day for practical for both session